Free Comic Book Day 2015


Hard to believe that we were home from Free Comic Book Day an hour after it started! We had a blast at our favorite comic shop, Golden Apple Comics. This was the first year that there weren't a ton of comics on our list and we managed to get everything that we wanted at one shop. Tristan was happy because he got a ton of free movie swag (t-shirts, a thermos, sunglasses and Avengers themed bottles of Nesquik.) I was happy because I got all of the comics on my list! Golden Apple had a deal if you donated money to the Hero Initiative (a program that supports comic book creators), you could pick another comic, so I chose Dr Who. Golden Apple is also having a sale so I grabbed a new comic book box, regular size bags and trade paperbacks of Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman (I love these comics) and Wayward (I read the first issue and it piqued my interest.) 

I'm going to prep for my Scrampers class tomorrow and then start reading my pile. Happy Free Comic Book Day, Folks! 

UPDATE: I read all of the above comics and my favorites were:
Comics Festival
Super Mutant Magic Academy 

Avengers (Ms Marvel!!!!)



Did you visit your local comic shop today? If so, what did you pick up?

Comments

Popular Posts