Saturday, June 27th Classes at The Great American Stamp store Westport, CT

 
I'm VERY excited to announce that I will be teaching at The Great American Stamp Store on Saturday, June 27th to teach two NEW classes! I haven't taught in Connecticut for quite some time now and I'm really looking forward to it. The samples are below and will be in the store by early May. If you have any questions, please email me. To sign up, you can contact the store. I hope to see YOU there!
 
Saturday June 27th
Here In My Head: Visual Art Journaling
followed by
Pieces of Me: Self Expression with Collage



My workshops are always process-based learning while creating a unique product. I am well known for not traveling light and bring a large variety of supplies including (but not limited to) collage material, rubber stamps, stencils, pens, markers, tape and more. You will explore unique techniques involving composition, design, color theory, self expression and much, much, more in each of my classes. You'll also have a whole lot of fun doing so!

 
Here in My Head: Visual Art Journaling
 
Construct an very unique journal with pages full of layers of colorful paper, deep musings and luscious layers that flip and fold out. You'll then learn how to fill the pages with imagery, color, text, patterns and more that speak to you. 
You'll love this fun class!

Supply list: 1 yard of ribbon, scissors, small selection of favorite collage ephemera, bone folder, cork back metal ruler, roll of paper towels OR an old rag, permanent black ink pad (if you have one),  1" brush to glue (I like chip or bristle brushes) OR a few of your favorite glue sticks, roll of waxed paper OR an old catalog or magazine to glue on (if you don't want to use all of your waxed paper for this.)
 
followed by:


 
Pieces of Me: Self Expression with Collage

What do you get when you combine paper, pens, stencils, stickers, and stamps with new techniques in composition, design, color and means of self expression together on the page? You get truly unique and personal pages of art. Learn techniques that are applicable to ANY art form. Yes, we'll be "painting with paper" (collage) but learning art techniques that can be used and adapted to whatever art you want to work on. You will learn several new techniques in using collage as a means of self expression.

Supply list: Journal (or I will provide paper for you to work on), scissors, small selection of favorite collage ephemera, bone folder, cork back metal ruler,  roll of paper towels OR an old rag, permanent black ink pad,  1" brush to glue (I like chip or bristle brushes) OR a few of your favorite glue sticks, roll of waxed paper OR an old catalog or magazine to glue on (if you don't want to use all of your waxed paper for this.)
 
I hope to see you there!

Comments

Popular Posts