Secret Stairs' Laurel & Hardy Music Box Loop



By the time you are reading this, I'll be heading home from an all night Dusk-To-Dawn Horrorthon at the Aero Theatre in Santa Monica. It's no secret that my family loves film (David's blog and Tristan's Youtube channel.) We have always said that we're very lucky to live in Hollyweird and that we try to take full advantage of it as much as possible.

For my birthday, David surprised me with a trip to Laurel & Hardy's famous Music Box Stairs in Silverlake. We started our trip at the Tropical Cafe (I can't wait to go back. It was finger licking delicious. Just so you don't make the same mistake that I did, the ketchup colored bottles are filled with hot sauce and not ketchup.)


Bellies full, we then started our walk to find the stairs. Here we are at the bottom about to head up (without the piano.) David is holding our guide, The Secret Stairs book

 

Along our walk, we stopped to take little breaks to take photos of cool sights like these:


 I'll censor what I said when I saw these:


 

When we hit what we thought was the top of this staircase only to discover that it continued across the street.
 



We ended our 2.5 mile, 705 step walk where we started by going down the Music Box Steps again and back into the Tropical Cafe for some dessert to take home.
 
 

We plan on doing more of the Secret Stairs walks in the near future. 

Comments

Popular Posts