40 Revolutions Around the Sun


I'm writing this at the age of 39. By the time you read it, I'll be 40. Funny how time works. One minute you're a little kid swinging and bopping from one thing to another. The next you're an adult who still feels like that little kid but with a lot more responsibilities and long To Do Lists that usually don't include things like swinging on a swing set.

 “I think we are well advised to keep on nodding terms with the people we used to be, whether we find them attractive company or not. Otherwise they turn up unannounced and surprise us, come hammering on the mind's door at 4 a.m. of a bad night and demand to know who deserted them, who betrayed them, who is going to make amends.”-Joan Didion

Thinking of birthdays makes me think of things that I enjoy. Here's a little goofy list of people, places and things that make my heart go all a flutter.

 

My Boys (they both know how to put a smile on my face)


Books (in piles, on shelves, in my hands, they're all good...)

 

Trees (Muir Woods, I miss you...)


Monkeys

Film (Wings of Desire, I love you so. "When the child was a child, it was the time of these questions. Why am I me, and why not you? Why am I here, and why not there? When did time begin, and where does space end? Isn't life under the sun just a dream? Isn't what I see, hear, and smell just the mirage of a world before the world? Does evil actually exist, and are there people who are really evil? How can it be that I, who am I, wasn't before I was, and that sometime I, the one I am, no longer will be the one I am?"

 

Random weird shit that makes me laugh when I see it. (if you know me, you know that I love to quote random lines from film, tv, books, old time radio and more...)


Snow, rain. I miss the change in the seasons

 

Art Supplies (give me my most basic supplies and my journal and I am the happiest person on the planet. Contrary to popular belief I really don't need much and I will buy books over art supplies.)

 

Unsweetened, black iced tea (every damn day.)

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgwnrORVbUpSB9_o3Mzuj_RnQdd5c1mQO3_c1JdkXFzcbmrgjULPB__kVk0X20RdRRS9YnI3EJYhkEQv1lNyvsURHQsrbE99fpcMrvtbXTHGTSezOqSnEOF_98dKcHqJnETryR95A/s1600/IMG_3367.JPG 



Old Time Radio (Richard Diamond, Private Detective and Gunsmoke are two of my favorites. I'll have a list of my favorite OTR shows up soon. I've been working on it.) When I work, you'll find me with ear buds in usually listening to OTR.

Comments

Debbie said…
Happy Birthday Kelly! Always stay young at heart...that's my motto & I'm almost 62!
xo
Debbie
===^..^===
Carol said…
Happy Birthday Kelly! You're still a baby...I just turned 65!?! I really enjoyed your favorite happy things. Many are mine too!
Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday you little youngster! Wishing you an awesome birthday and an even better year. Take it from this old fart...life gets better AFTER 40, if you subtract the aches and pains that come with aging. Hugs!
Lynette (NZ) said…
Happy Birthday Kelly. Hope you have a fabulous time with your boys, doing what you love. Enjoy the next decade - I am part way through it and it is awesome :-)
Dee Spillane said…
Happy happy birthday Kelly! You will find life gets better and better, even if you don't think so now. I am 63, believe. Love your posts, always beautiful.
Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday Kelly. thought you were much younger. I'm losing interest in who I used to be which is such a liberating feeling. Karenxx
Seth said…
A very happy birthday Kelly!!! Hope you celebrate with some new books...and an extra-large black tea!
Maryjo McGraw said…
Happy Birthday Art Girl!
Kelly Kilmer said…
Thanks for all of the kind words and wishes!!! <3!
Roseann Cazares said…
Happy birthday to my dear friend! I hope your very special day is as special as you, Kel!
xoxo,
Roseann

Popular Posts