What You'll Find Here

I post daily (photos of my journal pages, things that inspire me and personal bits and pieces) to inspire and encourage others. I have always believed that if I can do it, so can you.

You'll find resources (my favorite supplies, books, slideshows of my art journal pages, favorite bloggers, etc...) listed along the right hand side of my blog.

I've been teaching both in person and online workshops for over seventeen years now. You can find out more about my classes by scrolling down along the right hand side of my blog. I strive to make classes accessible to everyone (both beginner to advanced).

I love teaching and truly believe that deep down inside everyone is an artist, capable of creating something. There is power and knowledge in the act of creating something with your own hands, made from your own heart and head.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at EGorey99@sbcglobal.net

Thanks for stopping by!

-Kelly

Friday, June 11, 2010

30 May 2010 journal page

Before:
After:
I finished this journal last night. I'll be showing you the pages for the next couple of weeks though! My sleeves are rolled up and my hands are busy making another new journal, a new idea I've had brewing in my mind...insert mad scientist laugh here.

Blog Love:
Amanda Blake
Display Genuises

Films Watched:
The Best Man

New Books you really should look for:
David Mack Dream Logic #1
Sonja Ahlers The Selves
Maira Kalman Various Illuminations of a Crazy World

Sad news, one of my favorite shops, Hannah Grey is closing their online store. YES, they will still be selling at select conventions, but not online anymore. They are having a BIG sale which you can find out more about here. The shop closes on the Summer Solstice, June 21st.

Psssst, if you can go here and wish my "Art Mom" a Happy Birthday, I'd appreciate it... :)

6 comments:

Jazz said...

So, did you get The Selves? Isn't it great?

~Barb~ said...

I gave her a good birthday wishes. You are so sweet to always remember everyone and think of us all.
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

jane eileen said...

Kelly's art mom said...
Aw, how sweet. This is one of the reasons I love having you as one of my kids!
Luv,
"Mom"

Still lovin' the before and after pieces!

Sandy said...

Great pages and photos. Love the links, thanks for adding them for us.

oneartistjournal said...

Intriguid by before and after of journal pages...
and cannot wait to get my hands on the new Maira Kalman....
XOXOrly

Paula Phillips said...

Thanks so much for the link to my blog Kelly! You are too sweet. I have been a fan forever!! :)
Much Love!!
Paula aka Journalartista